Considerations that we always need to ask inventors/distributors/manufacturers are laid out here – I can turn this into a form when we are convinced this is all the questions we need.
1) Product IP
- How does your IP stand up in Europe and the UK?
- If a copy was launched what would your tactic be to defend?
2) Marketing – as a manufacturer how would you assist with the marketing of the product line
- How have you marketed successfully in other regions?
- Do you have high resolution marketing media available?
- Do you have high resolution videos available to support the product?
- Do you have budget for marketing initiatives in our markets?
3) Point of sale
- Do have the product point of sale? Please provide details
4) Testing Documents
- Are documents available for the European market? Please provide details
5) Manufacturing and stock
- Where are the products manufactured?
- Where do you hold available stock of the product?
- What is your minimum order for a country distributor?
6) European distribution
- Do you have established European distributors?
- If so, Is there clear boundaries for sale
- Do you have plans for expected first, second and third year volumes?
8) Lifecycle of the product
- What do you envisage the lifecycle of your core product/product range to be?
- New product launch – what timescales do you have regarding additions to your range?
9) Previous distributors
- Do you have experience with distributors in this area before?
- What caused you to end the relationship with them?
Any other details that you feel are pertinent to your range that is important for us to consider would be appreciated.