I recently moved into a new studio in Manhattan and got into decorating - but minimally and with intention. It's all about curating the right details for a bohemian chic meets city princess vibe. Pick a theme (flowers) or colour (rose gold) you love, and start from there. Here are a few things to add for a nice touch:
- Soft Surroundings - I first came across this site for its wide assortment of apparel but there's a lot more to be seen in great antique pieces and home accents with complete southern charm.
- Coffee Gator - A former barista, I love coffee. This Pour Over Coffee Maker (whose founder was also a former journalist!) is easy and effortless. It's also eco-friendly and doesn't require a filter.
- Ted Baker sheets - The newest collection available in the U.S. is not only inviting but bold and inspiring. I adore the cherry blossom print as well as the textured patterns.
- Himalayan Salt Shots - Root7 gives an earthy kick to your countertop. Not only are these functional for tequila shots, but I embrace the marble translucence that goes perfectly with my mini owl statue from Athens.
- Oojra - I love candles, but diffusers work well long-term and remind me of my favourite spa days. This brand includes a Laos White Tea and Ginger scent inspired by Thailand. Plus, the bottle is super stylish.
Original article posted on Forbes here.